CORPORATE HEALTH and SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Double Diamond Industrial Structures LP. is committed to preventing the accidental loss of any of its resources, including employees and physical assets.
In fulfilling this commitment to protect both people and property, management will provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements, and will strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in property damage, accidents, or personal injury/illness.
Double Diamond recognize that the responsibility for health and safety are shared. All employees will be equally responsible for minimizing accidents within the facilities and on client work sites. Safe work practices and job procedures will be clearly defined in the company’s Health and Safety Manual for all employees to follow.
Accidental loss can be controlled through good management in combination with active employee involvement. Safety is the direct responsibility of all managers, supervisors, employees, and contractors.
All management activities will comply with company safety requirements as they relate to planning, operation and maintenance of facilities and equipment. All employees will perform their jobs properly in accordance with established procedures and safe work practices.
Barrie Bergsma CEO
*The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over Occupational Health and Safety legislation. All employees should be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Protecting Canada’s natural environment is a national concern. Double Diamond Industrial Structures LP shares that concern and is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment while managing our operations economically and efficiently.
Double Diamond takes responsibility in upholding this commitment by:
- Complying with applicable environmental law, industry standards, and our own policies.
- Making environmental considerations an integral part of our planning process.
- Operating our vehicles and facilities in a manner that protects the environment.
- Identifying and mitigating the adverse impacts of our operations on the environment in keeping with good environmental and business practices.
- Remaining sensitive to the concerns of the public.
- Responding to environmental emergencies in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Committing sufficient resources to ensure that our employees are fully informed of their responsibilities and are trained to protect the environment while performing their duties.
Double Diamond Industrial Structures believes that reducing environmental, energy or social impacts in our day to day business will benefit our company, its employees, and our Clients. We are aware that managing resources and using a pro-active approach to protect the environment will ensure the long-term viability and integrity of the business, while not compromising profitability. Management, employees, and contractors are all committed to meeting this policy, now and in the future.